The Emerald Atlas is an adventure and fantasy novel written by John Stephens about three children who set out to save their family and the world. It was first released on April 5, 2011 in the USA by Random House. It is the first of the The Books of Beginning trilogy, being followed by The Fire Chronicle.
For the complete list of characters, please see The Emerald Atlas Characters.
(consider revision of the text)
Kate, Michael, and Emma have been in one orphanage after another for the last ten years, passed along like lost baggage.
Yet these unwanted children are more remarkable than they could possibly imagine. Ripped from their parents as babies, they are being protected from a horrible evil of devastating power, an evil they know nothing about.
Before long, Kate, Michael, and Emma are on a journey to dangerous and secret corners of the world...a journey of allies and enemies, of magic and mayhem. And—if an ancient prophesy is correct—what they do can change history, and it is up to them to set things right.
- Chapter 1: Mrs. Lovestock's Hat
- Chapter 2: Miss Crumley's Revenge
- Chapter 3: The King and Queens of France
- Chapter 4: The Countess of Cambridge Falls
- Chapter 5: Dr. Stanislaus Pym
- Chapter 6: The Black Page
- Chapter 7: Guests of the Countess
- Chapter 8: Wolves
- Chapter 9: Gabriel
- Chapter 10: The Maze
- Chapter 11: The Prisoner in Cell 47
- Chapter 12: Breakfast for Dinner
- Chapter 13: Hamish
- Chapter 14: Granny Peet
- Chapter 15: To the Dead City
- Chapter 16: The Black Lake
- Chapter 17: Inside the Vault
- Chapter 18: The Raven
- Chapter 19: The Battle of the Dead City
- Chapter 20: Kate's Vision
- Chapter 21: Devil's Bargain
- Chapter 22: The Dire Magnus
- Chapter 23: The Children of Cambridge Falls
- Chapter 24: Rhakotis
- Chapter 25: Ghosts of Christmas Past
For more praises, please see The Emerald Atlas Praises.